Pillow of Turbot with Smoked Salmon mousse, on braised Fennel, Saffron potatoes and Champagne foam
- 1 x fillet of Turbot 180gr
- 50gr Braised Fennel
- 3 x 20gr turned potatoes (cooked in saffron water)
- 5 g each salt and pepper
- 20gr white fish mousse
- 10gr Smoked Salmon
- 5gr Dill
- 25ml Champagne
- 25ml White fish sauce
- 10gr Whipped Cream
- 50ml Fish stock
- 20gr Unsalted butter
- Cut a pocket into the Turbot fillet and fill with the mix of white fish mousse and the smoked Salmon, season and steam the fish for 12-15 mins.
- Heat the braised Fennel and the potatoes with the butter.
- Once the fish is cooked drain it well and place it on the braised fennel with the potatoes around.
- Boil and reduce the sauce slightly, then add the semi-whipped cream and at the last minute a dash of Champagne to give the foam pour this over the fish and serve immediately.
- Decorate with the dill leaves
- Making the sauce foamy will help prevent it forming a skin and setting on the plate.