Our Commitment to you
Dear friends of Bedford Lodge Hotel & Spa,
Following the Government’s recent relaxation of guidance, I wanted to reassure you that we are continuing to take extra precautions to ensure the personal safety of our guests and staff. This remains our highest priority in these ever-changing times.
Throughout the last year, guests and staff have continued to amaze me with how quickly we have been able to adapt to new changes and challenges thrown our way. While in the main our services will remain unaffected, the wearing of face coverings by both our staff and guests will become a personal choice once again.
As mentioned, guest and staff safety is paramount to us, so we will be continuing certain cleaning protocols for the foreseeable future. This includes frequent sanitising stations and Zoono electrostatic antibacterial spray down throughout the hotel & spa. NHS Track & Trace will also remain available for all guests who wish to check in when visiting us.
We do ask if you have tested positive for COVID-19 or have been in close contact with someone who has, that you delay your visit and contact our team on 01638 663 175. We will continue to encourage our staff to take regular lateral flow tests and recommend our guests also do so prior to visiting us.
Thank you for your continued support, we look forward to seeing you soon!
- Staff will be encouraged to take regular Lateral Flow Tests
- All team members will be required to wash their hands (or use hand sanitiser) every hour, at the very least.
- All team members will be required to stay at home if unwell.
- All team members will be required to follow official guidance on self-isolating.
- Our staff will be mindful of social distancing when assisting guests.
You, Our Valued Guests
If you are staying at the Hotel
- Upon check-in, you will be handed your room key, which will have been sanitised in advance.
- Every resident staying with us will receive their sanitised Key card in its own holder, and there will be a complimentary mask in your bedroom.
- You will be asked to carry your own luggage from your car yourself and make your way to the hotel entrance and your room. This is for your safety as well as ours.
- We have cleaned your bedroom with extra care and sanitised it using an electrostatic sprayer.
- We have sanitised all items in your room, including the desk pens.
- As you would expect, we have placed toiletries in your bathroom, please feel free to take any away that are partly used as they will be disposed of when you depart.
- Please wash your hands when returning to your bedroom for your own safety.
- As always, should you need anything during your stay, please call us to communicate with our team.
- Credit card details will be required prior to arrival to ensure contactless payment.
- The Operations Manager is responsible for all aspects of our ‘COVID-19 Secure’ operating plan. You can contact the Duty Manager at any time prior to, and during your stay, should you have concerns related to this or any other matter.
- Prior to departure, your final account bill will be placed under your door, so that we can check you out without contact at reception. This of course is subject to you being happy with your bill. Any queries can be dealt with over the phone if preferred. We can then send a copy to your preferred email address.
- The highest food safety standards will continue to be maintained.
- Please respect the space of fellow guests who are coming your way.
- You will notice an enhanced and visible cleaning program in public areas with an increased frequency in disinfection of high-touch areas.
- Hand sanitising stations are provided in all areas of the hotel, please use these regularly for all our benefits.
- Your room will be serviced as normal; however, this will only take place when you are not in the room. If you decide you wish to return to your room, we will need to vacate it and return to complete the cleaning of it, when you are happy to not be in the room.
- Additional disinfection will be in place of high touch room and bathroom areas (Doorknobs, Light switches, all surfaces, Telephones and TV Remote controls).
- The Duty Manager is responsible for all staff and guests COVID-19 related queries.
Our Suppliers and Contractors
- Access to back-of-house areas is restricted to staff only. No guest, contractor, or supplier may have use of staff or ‘Back of House’ welfare facilities at any time.
General Practices & Protocols, Food & Beverage
- We have reduced the number of tables in our Restaurant and Bar.
- We have established strict table/chair sanitisation procedures between guest seating periods.
- We have produced a unique QR code, readable via your camera on your phone, which we ask that whilst it is optional, it would help us all to stay safe if you could take advantage and use this for all our safety. You will be required to enter your name, contact telephone number, and email address via this QR Code, it takes thirty seconds. This is essential in the ‘Track and Trace’ process. We promise not to share this information and to destroy it after 21 days have passed. NHS Track and Trace QR code signs are also available within the hotel, for guests who wish to use it.
- On booking a table in our Restaurant, in person or online, you may be asked to pay a deposit per person wishing to dine. This is to secure your table with us. Please do not take offense, the same request will be asked of every guest.
General Practices & Protocols, The Spa, Guest Experience & Activities
- We continue to request that you wear a face-covering at all times in public areas of the Spa. Face masks can be removed when you are in the Hydrotherapy areas.
- All spa facilities including the hydrotherapy pool, steam room, sauna, hot tub, and experiential showers will be open for ‘business as usual’.
- All guests will be given a specific arrival and departure time, which must be adhered to, failure to arrive on time may result in your appointment being cancelled.
- All guests are requested to bring minimal belongings to the Spa with them, as storage may well be limited.
- All spa facilities, Relaxation room, our main lounge, all treatment rooms, and changing rooms will be disinfected on a regular basis.
- Hand sanitiser will always be available for all our guests and will be in all areas of the Spa.
- In spa treatment rooms, all surfaces and fixtures will be disinfected between each client and at the start and end of each day, to ensure both your and our safety.
- Spot mop cleaning and disinfection will be performed on spills when they occur.
- Treatment rooms will be allocated per therapist and electrostatic sanitisation of all common areas and treatment rooms will take place every 21 days and the same product will be used regularly each day to clean all ‘touch points’.
- Depending on whether you are coming for a Spa Day or Break you will be given a towel, slippers, and robe when you check into the spa, as always. Should you require a change of towel, please do ask one of our staff.
- If you are staying on a Spa break, we would encourage you to contact our Leisure Club from your Hotel bedroom, who will arrange to transport you to the Spa, and to take you back to the Leisure Reception, for you to return to your hotel bedroom as safe as possible.
- Full payment for all Spa Days, Spa Breaks, and Treatments will be taken in advance at the time of booking. Any purchases that are made on the day of your visit, will be payable on departure by Credit Card only.
Health & Fitness Club
- The wearing of face-coverings will be a personal choice for our members and staff.
- All areas will be disinfected on a regular basis.
- All equipment and areas will be electrostatically sanitised every 21 days, and the same product will be used regularly each day to clean all ‘touch points”.
- Hand sanitising stations will be in place in the main entrance and around the Gym.
- All members and guests will be asked to sanitise each piece of Gym equipment after each use. Please do not be offended if we remind you of this.
- There will be a member of staff stationed in the gym to help and guide members and guests through all aspects of sanitisation. Please respect their requests, when made.
- Social distancing rules have been relaxed within all areas of the club.
- Spot mop cleaning and disinfection will be performed on spills when they occur.
- Work-out mats will be removed from the Fitness Studio; members and guests will be expected to provide their own.
- The Sauna, Solarium, and Steam rooms will be open for ‘business as usual’, guests & members are not required to pre-book these facilities.
Meeting & Conferences
- You can be assured that all relevant equipment used, has been sanitised and cleaned for your use, both before and after each meeting.
- Hand sanitiser is available in every meeting room and breakout area.
Our Team’s Commitment to You
All team members are required to: –
- Stay at home when feeling unwell.
- Practice exemplary personal hygiene including regular hand washing and sanitising.
- Wear PPE where agreed, appropriate and/or desired.
- Follow the company’s COVID-19 Secure operating procedures.
- We will be sure to continue to give you our normal Red Star service, for which we have become known for. Ensuring you have a happy and comfortable experience here at the hotel is what we strive for.
Finally, we ask that as a resident at Bedford Lodge Hotel & Spa you commit to:
If in the unfortunate case, you have any COVID-19 symptoms such as fever, cough, shortness of breath, or loss of taste and smell, we ask that you contact us, and allow us to reschedule your stay.
It is important to note, that for the safety of our guests and the safety of our team, that any guests displaying symptoms consistent with COVID-19 will be requested to seek urgent medical attention. Should you be advised to self-isolate, we will request that you check out immediately and return home. You will be refunded the balance of your stay.
We ask that when and where appropriate, that you make use of the hand sanitiser stations that are available around the Hotel and Spa. Please be as considerate as possible to other guests & our staff with their personal choices.
And finally, please treat our team and your fellow guests with kindness and respect.
We cannot wait to see you soon. Travel safe and stay well.
Bedford Lodge Hotel & Spa