Asparagus…. the wait is finally over!
The crisp spears have finally shown their heads, and visibly grow up to 10cm a day, which has led to Asparagus being dubbed “the Usain Bolt” of the plant world.
The 8 week season starts on our Asparagus Weekend which is 26th -28th May, so please enjoy the menu we have put together using only the finest local ingredients, to accompany the majestic spears, each one picked by hand, only when it has reached the perfect height.
Famed as one of the most healthy vegetables to eat, so of the Health facts attributed to Asparagus are,
- British asparagus is packed full of goodness, so not only are you getting a delicious vegetable but a healthy one too:
- Eating asparagus promotes healthy bacteria in the large intestine and can help reduce bloating
- Asparagus contains vitamin K, essential for healthy blood clotting
- It is a rich source of vitamin C, which boosts your immune system
- Asparagus is a mild diuretic and is believed to help detoxify the body – It’s also rumoured to be a great hangover cure!
Here are some delicious dishes from our Asparagus menu we know you will just adore…..
Classic Poached Asparagus, Hollandaise sauce
Broad Bean & Asparagus Risotto, Aged Parmesan
Grilled Asparagus & Truffled Butter Fried Hens Egg
Poached & Butter roasted Chicken supreme
Button Mushroom sauce, Asparagus spears & creamy Dauphinoise potato
East Coast Seafood & Asparagus pie
Topped with Suffolk Gold Mash, Asparagus bites & crushed Pea’s
Linguine tossed with Asparagus Spears, mint and Chilli (v)
For all bookings call 01638 663175