Beer & Maple Syrup Beef Short Ribs
Beef short ribs are the absolute best cut of beef for slow cooking!
Try this delicious recipe which adds a tasty twist to traditional beef ribs.
If cooked correctly this meat should be ever so tender and almost fall off the bone.
- 3kg Beef Short Ribs
- 750ml Larger
- 100gr Dark Brown Sugar
- 50gr English Mustard
- 60ml Apple Cider vinegar
- 100ml Maple Syrup
- 2 tbsp Light Olive oil
- 1 tbsp Smoked Paprika
- 3 sprigs Fresh Rosemary
- 2 tsp freshly ground Black Pepper
- Mix All ingredients for the marinade until the sugar has dissolved, coat the ribs chill overnight
- Oven temp 170degC, place ribs on the baking tray, with 250ml of the marinade
- Remaining marinade in a pan reduce to simmer and skim
- When the ribs are cooked, tender (approx. 41/2 hours) pour off the excess fat and coat with the reduced marinade
- This can be finished for a couple of minutes on a bbq or just served straight from the oven.