Job Posting: Waiting Staff for Squires Restaurant and Conference and Events
Hours: Full or part time hours available during our busy times
Working Pattern: Monday to Sunday, daytime and/or evenings.
Location: Squires Restaurant, Roxana Bar and Conference & Events.
Salary Range: Hourly rate dependent upon experience
We are looking for Casual team members to join our Restaurant & Bar and Conference & Events teams during the busy summer months.
You will be required to serve food and drink in our Restaurant and bar areas or our Banqueting Suites – you’ll be friendly, professional, attentive and guest-focused.
You will be flexible and be available to work evenings and weekends.
Bedford Lodge Hotel & Spa is an award-winning luxury guest destination nestled in an idyllic location and beautiful grounds. The only four-star hotel in Newmarket, Bedford Lodge retains the charm and character of a Georgian country house yet offers the very best in modern comfort, cuisine, hospitality, and luxury.
Our award-winning ‘Squires’ Restaurant provides a completely modern dining experience. Our eclectic menus attract a wide and travelled clientele, using only the finest seasonal ingredients and wherever possible sourcing all our products locally.
Our Conference & Events team provide the highest levels of service and hospitality to our corporate and private guests. With six stylish dedicated conference and event spaces – we are a preferred and popular venue for conferences, training events, business seminars, weddings and birthday celebrations. Whatever the event our waiting team provides an efficient, attentive and friendly service.
About the Position
Required to serve food and drink within a range of environments within the Hotel – you’ll be friendly, professional, attentive and guest focused. Depending on your availability your hours may vary from week to week. You’ll have the opportunity to learn silver service waiting, receive customer service training, Barista and Wine training and to work in a busy luxurious hotel environment.
- Previous food and beverage waiting experience will be an advantage
- Reliable, with a lively and outgoing personality
- Dedicated to providing an exceptional guest experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Flexibility and availability to work evenings and weekends on a rota basis
- Must be impeccably presented and professional at all times
- A desire to work in a professional guest focused hotel environment
Why Join our Team
A privately owned, independent hotel and spa we have the opportunity to focus on what we do best – creating memorable moments for our guests and taking care of our staff as one big team.
We are all exceptionally proud to work here and of the work that we do. Would you like to join a great team and feel the same?
What We Offer
- 28 days holiday (including Bank Holidays)
- Employee Assistance Programme (Hospitality Action)
- Free meals whilst on duty
- Paid breaks
- An extra day of leave on your birthday
- Complimentary membership of The Health & Fitness Club
- Discounted membership of The Health & Fitness Club for your partner
- 50% food discount within our 2 AA Rosette Squires Restaurant & Roxana Bar
- 20% discount on treatments and spa days at The Spa at Bedford Lodge Hotel
- Discounted accommodation rates
- Discounted hotel stays across the Pride of Britain hotel group
- Access to the Cycle Scheme
- Option to purchase wine at cost price
- Long service awards
- Reward and recognition scheme
- Generous ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme
- Pension scheme
- Industry relevant training