Job Posting: Payroll and Accounts Assistant
Hours: 40 hours per week
Location: Bedford Lodge Hotel & Spa, Newmarket
Salary Range: Dependent upon experience
Your duties will include:
- Preparation of monthly payroll for a mixture of zero-hour contracted staff, hourly paid and salaried employees
- Preparing accurate weekly payroll costing reports
- Processing auto-enrolled pension information, extracting the information from Sage, and uploading to the pension provider’s platform.
- Liaising with HR and Heads of Department as required.
- HMRC submission (PAYE and NIC) within deadline.
- Preparing and performing payroll year-end procedures.
- Preparing weekly cash book for head office.
- Weekly bank reconciliation
- Preparing bank and supplier payment runs
- Maintaining accurate payroll information
- Providing administrative assistance
- Dealing with phone calls
- Assisting with all other ad-hoc duties required in the Finance team
- You must have previous experience in a Payroll role
- Up to date knowledge of payroll legislation.
- Experience of Sage Line 50 accounts and Sage Payroll
- Experience in Microsoft Excel
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Demonstrable aptitude for figures
- Previous experience working in a high-volume transactions team.
- Confident and enthusiastic
- Able to work on own initiative or with others on tasks with minimal supervision
- Working well within a team
- Able to carry out routine tasks with good attention to detail.
- Able to plan and organise familiar and new requests, prioritising workload.
- Able to produce and respond appropriately to detailed written and oral communication.
- Show an awareness of others’ roles, responsibilities, and requirements in carrying out
Bedford Lodge Hotel & Spa is an award-winning luxury guest destination nestled in an idyllic location and beautiful grounds. The only four-star hotel in Newmarket, Bedford Lodge retains the charm and character of a Georgian country house yet offers the very best in modern comfort, cuisine, hospitality, and luxury.
Our continuing success is based on the team we have working here. We look not only for skills but also passion and enthusiasm and the ability to deliver outstanding service & hospitality. We are a privately owned, independent 4 Red Star Hotel and Spa. The successful candidate will be joining our accounts team to provide assistance and general administration duties.
What We Offer
- 28 days holiday per year
- Free membership of The Health & Fitness Club
- A recommend a friend bonus scheme
- 50% food discount within our Restaurant and Bar/Lounge
- 20% discount on treatments within The Spa at Bedford Lodge Hotel
- Industry relevant training, appropriate for your position/profession
- A team-based and highly supportive working environment
- A commitment to your professional development
How to apply for this role:
Please email a copy of your CV to email@example.com