Job Posting: Kitchen Porter
Hours: Full Time (45 hours)
Working Pattern: Monday to Sunday, on rota basis, 5 days out of 7. Must be available to work evenings and weekends.
Location: Kitchen, Main Hotel (Newmarket)
Salary Range: Dependent upon experience
Bedford Lodge Hotel & Spa is an award-winning luxury guest destination nestled in an idyllic location and beautiful grounds. The only Four Red Star Hotel in Newmarket, Bedford Lodge Hotel & Spa retains the charm and character of a Georgian country house yet offers the very best in modern comfort, cuisine, hospitality and luxury.
Our award-winning ‘Squires’ Restaurant provides a completely modern dining experience. Our team create eclectic dishes using only the finest seasonal ingredients and wherever possible sourcing all our products locally. Situated in our Four Red Star Hotel, our kitchen team offer fine dining and luxurious afternoon teas in our Squires restaurant and lighter meals in our Roxana Bar.
Joining a busy kitchen team, our Kitchen Porters support the Chefs, by keeping the kitchen clean and hygienic, washing pots, pans, plates and cutlery as well as unloading food and equipment deliveries and keeping the storeroom organised.
- The ability to work quickly and calmly in our busy kitchen
- Strong team player with a positive attitude
- Excellent communication skills with colleagues
- Ability to remain calm and focused during busy service
- An understanding of health and safety and food safety regulations
What We Offer
- 28 days holiday (including Bank Holidays)
- Employee Assistance Programme (Hospitality Action)
- Free meals whilst on duty
- Paid breaks
- An extra day of leave on your birthday
- Complimentary membership of The Health & Fitness Club
- Discounted membership of The Health & Fitness Club for your partner
- 50% food discount within our 2 AA Rosette Squires Restaurant & Roxana Bar
- 20% discount on treatments and spa days at The Spa at Bedford Lodge Hotel
- Discounted accommodation rates
- Discounted hotel stays across the Pride of Britain hotel group
- Access to the Cycle Scheme
- Option to purchase wine at cost price
- Long service awards
- Reward and recognition scheme
- Generous ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme
- Pension scheme
- Industry relevant training
To apply please complete our online application and questionnaire, by clicking the button below.
How to apply for this role
To apply please email email@example.com with a copy of your CV.