Job Posting: Junior Sous Chef
Hours: Full Time (45 hours)
Working Pattern: Monday to Sunday, on rota basis, 5 days out of 7. Must be available to work evenings and weekends.
Location: Bedford Lodge Hotel, Newmarket
Salary Range: £30,000
Joining a team of talented chefs, our Junior Sous Chef will support the Executive Head Chef, by taking initiative within the kitchen, inspiring fresh ideas, devising menu’s, helping to mentor the rest of the team, and keeping everything running smoothly, no matter how busy service is.
- Experience of working at 2 or 3 AA Rosette level (2 years+)
- Passion and creative flair, with extensive culinary knowledge
- Be working as a Junior Sous Chef or looking for the next step in your career.
- Strong team player attitude with excellent communication skills
- Ability to remain calm, in control and focused during busy service
- A positive role model embodying our values of mutual respect and professionalism within the kitchen
- Ideally with experience within a 4 or 5 red star hotel property
- Basic Food & Hygiene Certificate required (valid within last 3 years)
Bedford Lodge Hotel & Spa is an award-winning luxury guest destination nestled in an idyllic location and beautiful grounds. The only four red star hotel in Newmarket, Bedford Lodge retains the charm and character of a Georgian country house yet offers the very best in modern comfort, cuisine, hospitality, and luxury.
Our ‘Squires’ Restaurant provides a completely modern dining experience. Our eclectic menus attract a wide and travelled clientele, using only the finest seasonal ingredients and wherever possible sourcing all our products locally.
Why Join our Team
A privately owned, independent hotel and Spa, we have the opportunity to focus on what we do best – creating memorable moments for our guests and taking care of our staff as one big team.
We are all exceptionally proud to work here and of the work that we do. Would you like to join a great team and feel the same?
What We Offer
- Staff Accommodation – if required
- 28 days holiday per year (including bank holidays)
- Free cooked meals whilst on duty
- Free membership of The Health & Fitness Club
- 50% food discount within our Restaurant and Bar/Lounge
- 20% discount on treatments within “The Spa” at Bedford Lodge
- Industry relevant training, appropriate for your position/profession
- A team-based and highly supportive working environment
- A commitment to your professional development
How to apply for this role:
To apply please email email@example.com with a copy of your CV.