Job Posting: Housekeeping Supervisor
Hours: Full Time
Working Pattern: Monday to Sunday, on rota basis, 5 days out of 7. Must be available to work evenings and weekends.
Location: Housekeeping. Main Hotel, Newmarket.
Salary Range: Dependent upon experience
Bedford Lodge Hotel & Spa is an award-winning luxury guest destination nestled in an idyllic location and beautiful grounds. The only four star hotel in Newmarket, Bedford Lodge retains the charm and character of a Georgian country house yet offers the very best in modern comfort, cuisine, hospitality and luxury.
Our continuing success is based on the team we have working here. We look not only for skills, but also passion and enthusiasm and the ability to deliver outstanding service & hospitality. We are a privately owned, independent 4 Red Star Hotel and Spa. The successful candidate will be joining our Housekeeping team at Bedford Lodge Hotel & Spa. We strive to create a great work place for our staff which includes many staff benefits.
As Housekeeping Supervisor, you will be working within the housekeeping team to ensure standards of cleanliness, hygiene and tidiness in all areas are maintained. You will be supervising the day to day cleaning of bedrooms, bathrooms, corridor areas and public areas, ensuring that the housekeeping team receive the appropriate training and support. You’ll bring enthusiasm, excellent communication skills and strong team working spirit to the role, together with the ability to work independently and on your own initiative. You will need to have a professional attitude and be highly motivated with great attention to detail.
- Ability to work on your own using your own initiative, whilst motivating your team
- Ability to work under pressure and resolve problems
- You need to be honest and trustworthy
- Take pride in your work, with excellent attention to detail
- Be committed to providing exceptional customer service
- Be able to communicate effectively with guests and other staff members
- Be confident to delegate work fairly throughout the team
- Flexible as shifts will be different days each week and will include weekend work
Why Join our Team
A privately owned, independent hotel we have the opportunity to focus on what we do best – creating memorable moments for our guests and taking care of our staff as one big team.
We are all exceptionally proud to work here and of the work that we do. Would you like to join a great team and feel the same?
What We Offer
- 28 days holiday (including Bank Holidays)
- Employee Assistance Programme (Hospitality Action)
- Free meals whilst on duty
- Paid breaks
- An extra day of leave on your birthday
- Complimentary membership of The Health & Fitness Club
- Discounted membership of The Health & Fitness Club for your partner
- 50% food discount within our 2 AA Rosette Squires Restaurant & Roxana Bar
- 20% discount on treatments and spa days at The Spa at Bedford Lodge Hotel
- Discounted accommodation rates
- Discounted hotel stays across the Pride of Britain hotel group
- Access to the Cycle Scheme
- Option to purchase wine at cost price
- Long service awards
- Reward and recognition scheme
- Generous ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme
- Pension scheme
- Industry relevant training
How to apply for this role
Please email a copy of your CV and the position you are applying for to firstname.lastname@example.org