Job Posting: Health & Fitness Club Manager
Hours: Full Time
Working Pattern: Monday to Sunday, on rota basis, 5 days out of 7. Must be available to work evenings and weekends.
Location: The Health & Fitness Club at Bedford Lodge Hotel
Salary Range: Dependent on experience
Bedford Lodge Hotel & Spa is an award-winning luxury guest destination nestled in an idyllic location and beautiful grounds. The only four-star hotel in Newmarket, Bedford Lodge retains the charm and character of a Georgian country house yet offers the very best in modern comfort, cuisine, hospitality and luxury.
About the Team
Our continuing success is based on the team we have working here. We look not only for skills but also passion and enthusiasm and the ability to deliver outstanding service & hospitality. We are a privately owned, independent 4 Red Star Hotel and Spa. The successful candidate will join our team at The Health and Fitness Club within Bedford Lodge Hotel & Spa. We strive to create a great workplace for our staff which includes many staff benefits. Would you like to be part of a great team?
About the Position
The successful candidate will lead the team in the efficient running of The Health and Fitness Club.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leading and developing the team
- Ensuring the efficient running of The Health and Fitness Club
- Liaising with Members and Guests as required.
- Managing weekly rotas to ensure the Club is always staffed appropriately.
- Managing and maintaining the budgets for The Health and Fitness Club.
- Liaising with the Membership Administrator to ensure accurate records are maintained and direct debit runs are carried out in a timely manner
- Ensuring that all preventative maintenance is carried out in line with manufacturers recommendations.
- Liaise with external contractors to resolve maintenance issues.
- Weekly Facility Maintenance e.g. Pool, Hot Tub, Sauna, Steam Room, etc
- Responsible for the opening & closing of The Health and Fitness Club
- Previous Leisure Club management experience
- Personal Training Qualification & REPS Level 3 essential.
- Health & Fitness related degree desirable
- Plant Room knowledge/qualification desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- High standard of personal appearance.
- Computer literate.
- Pro-active approach to work duties.
- Confident manner.
- Good team player.
Why Join our Team
A privately owned, independent hotel we have the opportunity to focus on what we do best – creating memorable moments for our guests and taking care of our staff as one big team.
We are all exceptionally proud to work here and of the work that we do. Would you like to join a great team and feel the same?
What We Offer
- 28 days holiday per year (including bank holidays)
- Free cooked meals whilst on duty
- Free membership of The Health & Fitness Club & partner discount
- 50% food discount within our award-winning Restaurant and Bar/Lounge
- 20% discount on treatments at The Spa at Bedford Lodge Hotel
- Industry relevant training, appropriate for your position/profession
- A team-based and highly supportive working environment
- A commitment to your professional development
How to apply for this role
Please email email@example.com with a copy of your CV.