Job Posting: Front Office Manager / Head Receptionist
Hours: Full Time (40 hours)
Working Pattern: Flexible to work a range of shifts, as per rota.
Location: Newmarket Suffolk
Bedford Lodge Hotel & Spa is an award-winning luxury guest destination nestled in an idyllic location and beautiful grounds. The only four red star hotel in Newmarket, Bedford Lodge retains the charm and character of a Georgian country house yet offers the very best in modern comfort, cuisine, hospitality and luxury.
About the Position
We are looking for a Full Time Front Office Manager / Head Receptionist to lead our reception team. You will be responsible for the day to day running of the reception area, leading, motivating and training the Reception team, welcoming guests, handling enquiries, problem solving and facilitating the reception team in consistently anticipating and exceeding our guest’s expectations.
You must have proven hotel reception experience.
- Passionate about creating the very best guest experience – customer service will be at the forefront of your mind at all times.
- You’ll bring enthusiasm, experience, organisation skills and strong team working spirit to the role here at Bedford Lodge Hotel.
- You’ll have excellent communication skills, professional attitude and be highly pro-active and self-motivated.
- You’ll be IT literate across a range of packages and ideally have a robust working knowledge of Property Management Systems, particularly Opera.
Why Join our Team
As a privately owned, independent hotel we have the opportunity to focus on what we do best – creating memorable moments for our guests and taking care of our staff as one big team.
We are all exceptionally proud to work here and of the work that we do. Would you like to join a great team and feel the same?
What We Offer
- 28 days (pro-rata) holiday per year (including bank holidays)
- Free membership of The Health & Fitness Club
- 50% food discount within our Restaurant and Bar/Lounge
- 20% discount on treatments within “The Spa” at Bedford Lodge
- Industry relevant training, appropriate for your position / profession
- A team-based and highly supportive working environment
- A commitment to your professional development