Job Posting: Deputy General Manager
Hours: Full Time (45 hours)
Working Pattern: Five days out of seven and to meet the needs of the business.
Location: Bedford Lodge Hotel & Spa
Salary Range: Dependent upon experience
Bedford Lodge Hotel & Spa is an award-winning, four Red Star luxury guest destination nestled in an idyllic location and beautiful grounds. The only four-star hotel in Newmarket, Bedford Lodge Hotel retains the charm and character of a Georgian country house yet offers the very best in modern comfort, cuisine, hospitality and luxury.
About the position
We are seeking an experienced and passionate operations Manager, to take on the role of Deputy General Manager to work alongside and in the absence of our Chief Executive.
The role will be influential in maximizing the hotels revenue whilst maintaining and improving our Red Star standards, and also maintaining and nurturing relationships amongst our team and guests alike. You will work closely with all our Heads of Department in all areas of the hotel including The Spa, Food and Beverage, Accommodation, Conference & Events, Weddings and Leisure, as well as all Back of House staff. In addition, you will be involved in the budgetary management of the business, in particular Food and Beverage and all its cost centres.
You’ll be a strong people leader and an excellent communicator with the ability to cultivate and maintain relationships. Exceptional attention to detail and strong organisational skills are vital with a proven ability to meet deadlines. You will have a proactive mind-set and be passionate about ensuring the customer journey is always at its best, as well as the working environment of the team.
The ideal Candidate
- Previous experience working in a similar role which involved Food and Beverage management within the hospitality industry.
- Rooms management would be a benefit, but not a necessity.
- Good understanding of F & B functionality, in all areas.
- Proficient knowledge of Profit and Loss management.
- An understanding of rate and yield management.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Proven ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- A good team player, working closely with all members of the Hotel team.
Why Join our Team
A privately owned, independent Hotel we have the opportunity to focus on what we do best – creating memorable moments for our guests and taking care of our staff as one big team. We are all exceptionally proud to work here and of the work that we do. Would you like to join a great team and feel the same?
What We Offer
- Free staff meals whilst at work
- Free membership of The Health & Fitness Club
- 50% food discount within our Restaurant and Bar/Lounge
- 20% discount on treatments within “The Spa” at Bedford Lodge
- 28 days holiday per year (including bank holidays)
- Industry relevant training, appropriate for your position / profession
- A team-based and highly supportive working environment
- A commitment to your professional development
- As well as other benefits.
How to apply for this role
Please email email@example.com with a copy of your CV.