For International Reservations, call: +44 (0) 1638 663175
Sustainable Tourism in Suffolk
Sustainability and green issues are now very much mainstream, with governments, businesses and individuals all involved. Tourism, as one of the main economic drivers in the UK, has its part to play...
Responsible tourism is regarded as a behaviour. It is more than a form of tourism as it represents an approach to engaging with tourism, be that as a tourist, a business, locals at a destination or any other tourism stakeholder. It emphasizes that all stakeholders are responsible for the kind of tourism they develop or engage in. Whilst different groups will see responsibility in different ways, the shared understanding is that responsible tourism should entail an improvement in tourism. Tourism should become ‘better’ as a result of the responsible tourism approach.
Within the notion of betterment resides the acknowledgement that conflicting interests need to be balanced. However, the objective is to create better places for people to live in and to visit. Importantly, there is no blueprint for responsible tourism: what is deemed responsible may differ depending on places and cultures. Responsible Tourism is an aspiration that can be realized in different ways in different originating markets and in the diverse destinations of the world.
Sustainable tourism is where tourists can enjoy their holiday and at the same time respect the culture of people and also respect the environment.
Our Environmental Policy Statement:
We are committed to providing a quality service in a manner that ensures a safe and healthy workplace for our employees and guests, whilst constantly striving to minimise our impact on the planet; economically, en-vironmentally and socially.
By implementing these proactive measures, we are helping to protect and sustain the environment for future generations.In delivering our commitment we will:
- Promote the use of local suppliers, producers and manufacturers where possible so minimising carbon emissions coupled with supporting the local economy.
- Promote environmental awareness among our employees and encourage them to work in an environmen-tally responsible manner.
- Purchase and use environmentally responsible products accordingly.
- Reduce waste through re-use and recycling.
- Integrate the consideration of environmental concerns and impacts into all of our decision making activities.
- Promote efficient use by regular monitoring of all materials and resources throughout the hotel including water, electricity, raw materials and other resources.
- Avoid unnecessary use of hazardous materials and products, seek substitutions when feasible, and take all reasonable steps to protect human health and the environment when such materials must be used, stored and disposed of.
- Communicate our environmental commitment to clients, customers and the public through our website.
- Ensure that staff and guests are aware of this policy by displaying it on notice boards around the site and making this policy available to other interested parties.
- Strive to continually improve our environmental performance and minimise the social impact and damage of activities by periodically reviewing our policies in light of our current and planned future activities.