About the Hotel
Bedford Lodge Hotel was originally a Georgian hunting lodge built for the Duke of Bedford in the 18th century and was converted into a hotel in the 1940s.
Today, Bedford Lodge provides the perfect blend between old and new; retaining the charm and character of a country house but with the modern luxury and comfort of an exquisite, boutique hotel.
Nestled in three acres of secluded rose gardens and adjacent to some of the most famous paddocks and training stables in the world, Bedford Lodge Hotel is situated in the famous town of Newmarket; the historic home of British horse racing dating back to 1174.
Our pride for Newmarket’s rich racing heritage is evident throughout the hotel from the variety of locally-inspired artwork to our colourful collection of racing silks.
As a privately owned hotel, at Bedford Lodge we pride ourselves on offering a unique and personal experience for all our guests. Our highly-skilled team of 50 employees are dedicated to providing the highest standards of excellence in customer care and truly mean it when we say that nothing is too much trouble.
Our team is lead by Heads of Department and Managers and they are:
- Kieron Bales - Operations Manager
- Katie Watson - Reception Manager
- Vicki Jones - Weddings Coordinator
- Gemma Levett - Reservations Coordinator
- Victoria Greig - Restaurant & Bar Manager
- James Fairchild - Executive Head Chef
- Danielle James - Financial Controller
- Rachael Murton - Sales Manager
- Lesley Carpenter - Conference & Events Coordinator
- Melissa Pantano-Gaus - Marketing Coordinator
- Anna Ramsay - Spa Manager
- Claire Gradwell - HR Manager
- Jamie Bamber - Conference and Events Operations Manager
We hope to welcome you very soon to Bedford Lodge Hotel in Newmarket